Jun 20, 2012

Birds- California Quail, Singer of the Day!


Point Reyes National Seashore, California is one place where one could see plenty of birds, elks and beautiful scenery! On one of the long beautiful hikes along the high cliffs I heard this bird singing. Don't say small bird ... its hauntingly sweet voice stood out in the noise of ocean waves!
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts :)

Click HERE to read more articles about Point Reyes National Seashore.

This post is linked to World Bird Wednesday and Nature Notes.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

19 comments:

  1. Awesome image of the quail ! Didn't know quails are sweet singers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Ramakrishnan. California Quial's chi-ca-go call is sweet.

      Delete
  2. Quite a capture of the quail. Same here, had no clue they sand so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! Bird calls are usually sweet except for the waterfowl.

      Delete
  3. a bird that is on my wish list. :) Beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful place and great shot of the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute and I think they are a popular game bird for hunting..but I didn't know they had a lovely song..I am going to go look that up..Thank you for sharing in this week's Nature Notes....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am talking about their Chi-ca-go call. The bird continuously calling in a area where I could here only the rough ocean. It sounded good.

      Delete
  6. Great looking bird and a wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I loved your blog and the collection of pictures!

      Delete
  8. What a unique bird they are! Look so different. Nicely captured Kusum.

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.