Jun 6, 2014

Photo Tour- Rome, As I saw it!

Roman Colosseum Rome Italy

As I said in the earlier post on Rome- it is an eternal city! There is so much to see and know. The guide provided by the package tour was quite good enough to open as many windows to the city of Rome in that short time, I mean a day and a half, that includes Vatican City too. Well, I do not have some glamourous night shots of this fancy city! I visited during the bright day light though I have seen the city in the night with some monuments decorated with lights, well from a moving bus!

Fountain Rome Italy

When moving on the roads and streets in between the ancient building you get a feeling of being in an ancient place where moderners live! The cars, gelato shops, outlets of world popular great brands and jeans clad tourists! Here is a medieval fountain surrounded by modern day cars!

River Tiber Rome Italy

The river Tiber flows right in the heart of the city! Third longest and an important river in Italy.

Street performer Rome Italy

Rome is one of the touristy cities and so there are many street performers! This one was one of the best! Dressed like a tree he was very graciously performing with the crystal ball! See the restaurant entrance? A huge bottle filled with wine corks!

Art on sale Rome Italy

Hand painted water color scenes from Italy.

Hordes of tourists near spanish steps Rome Italy

The hordes of tourists!

Touristy trams in Rome Italy

And the ancient looking touristy trams for the tourists!

Well I didn't have pictures of food because I had much of grilled vegetables for most of the 3-course meals. Italians asked me ... "you don't eat meat, fish and cheese! Then what do you eat?!" And also I am not big fan of posting pictures of restaurant food unless it is for a restaurant review :)

Hope you enjoyed my version of Rome. How was your experience in the city?
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts and constructive feedback. If you have enjoyed this article then connect with Google+, Twitter, Facebook or subscribe through email for more exciting updates!

Related articles-
Musei Vaticani
The Grandeur of St Peter's Basiclica
Postcards from Italy
Asian Art Museum, San Francisco
Sea Ranch Chapel, a modern architecture

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

12 comments:

  1. it's tough to cover rome in a short time. one needs to stay there for at least a week to really scratch the surface, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Rome and these are great shots! So much to see there!! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of a great city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful photos for SWF!Enjoy your photo tour in ItalyThank you for sharing and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rome is always a busy city. The Tiber looks even worse than when last I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We thought about the same country this week: Italy! I've posted pics from a small city - Lucca (1 hour W. of Florence (Firenze).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rome is an amazing city! My view at http://instantwords.blogspot.in/2013/08/a-roman-walk.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankd for sharing Rome with me. I have never been there in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely photo tour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no words to describe Rome. It is amongst the bucket list of every traveller. You have written a beautiful blog and I enjoyed reading it. The pictures are also quite interesting and suits your post perfectly. Kusum, I think you have created a really amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a long time. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.