Aug 7, 2013

Wildlife- Ladybug, A Bug Photogenic!



Ever since I bought a Macbook Pro I wanted to shoot a Ladybug! Now, what a Ladybug has to do with a Mac!? Well, my Macbook Pro has a default background image of a ladybug. It is so very beautiful that it made me go searching for ladybugs in every damp forest!

Insect Wildlife Ladybug

Well, I found them in the Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve, CA. They were in hundreds! I wanted a solo insect so I could get a picture as in my MacBook Pro. I had to be very patient to get this macro shot, the bug wouldn't stay still even for a fraction of a second. This is what I could get! Isn't it so very photogenic?!
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts and constructive feedback :) If you have enjoyed this article then connect with Google+, Twitter, Facebook or subscribe through email for more exciting updates!

Related Articles-
Wild mushrooms in Redwood National Park
Butterflies of Florida
Tiny flower from the backyard
Iris abstracts
National Parks of USA

This post is linked to Nature Notes.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

10 comments:

  1. Ladybugs are always a joy to behold. Mine are very different to yours. Mine have black spots on their wings. I don't use sprays in my garden so I have lots of ladybugs and praying mantis in my roses.
    In a redwood forest, they must look as magical as magic mushrooms. Good hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are joy to behold! I have seen the lady bugs with spots in pictures. Under the gigantic redwood trees these almost din't have existence :) But the shade of the tree was protecting these bugs. You are very kind not to use sprays!

      Delete
  2. Yes they are hard to photograph. I only have a couple of photos and even then they aren't the native ones, but introduced ones from Asia.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asian ones are bigger I assume! I have seen the ones that are native to North America but then I didn't have my macro lens with me. I wonder why this bug doesn't have spots!?

      Delete
  3. Nice post. On a lighter note, thanks to Macbook they didn't made mammoth or dinosaur your default wallpaper :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a lovely shot!

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.