Sep 25, 2013

Birds- Flamingoes from SeaWorld San Diego



SeaWorld in San Diego is one popular amusement park with some breathtakingly amazing shows and intense rides. It also has a large collection of marine creatures and aquatic birds on display. One beautiful sight was a flock of American Flamingoes.

Red Flamingoes in SeaWorld San Diego

Aren't they beautiful? It seems the reddish color is due to the proteins from blue-green algae they eat! I haven't seen them in wild. I would love to!
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts and constructive feedback :) If you have enjoyed this article then connect with Facebook or subscribe through email for more exciting updates!

Related Articles-
Green Heron from Florida
Wood Stork from Everglades
Cormorant catching fish
Little Blue Heron from Florida
National Parks of USA

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

17 comments:

  1. The flamingos are pretty, great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are remarkable birds - I got to see some (different species) in Dubai - not the place I would have expected to see them!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots. I was very excited tosee them in the wild.. I saw them in Portugal once

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Seeing them in the wild must be too very exciting!

      Delete
  4. haven't seen them in the wild either. i've seen a few nuances in their colors, must be diet you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some in Florida, but we've never seen them...I too would love to. Sea World is the next best thing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, during my visit to Florida I too haven't seen them.

      Delete
  6. Oh how pretty they are and in the group.. amazing!! Thank you for linking into Nature Notes Kusum... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink, love pink, Flamingos, love them too, very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When flamingos gather together, their pink is so bold and dramatic. A grand photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.