Nov 2, 2012

Colorful Skies- Weather in Alaska



Wouldn't it be wrong to post this grey picture under the title Colorful Skies? Ha ha ... well, grey is one of the colors of sky! A short trip to Alaska with a group was fun, though it was a couple of years ago. Cold, rain, nightless, beauty, bears and so on ... rugged, wild and mysterious ... looks like evening :)

Weather in Bangalore for last three days has been bad, thanks to Cyclone Neelam. Dark grey sky, continuous rain and cold. That reminded me of Alaska :)
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts :)

This post is linked to Skywatch Friday and Photo Friday. For more Colorful Skies click HERE.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

26 comments:

  1. The weather is like that in Scotland...and it does bore when it happens all 365 days :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! In winter it is hard to see even the Sun in Scotland :) But, it is very different experience one shove always have.

      Delete
  2. this is pretty much how it looks on the sky where I live. :) I like that shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And wow! I thought we had to go to Alaska to see this weather :)

      Delete
  3. Great view even in dull and cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They may not be colorful, but they do offer a wonderful view indeed! Terrific capture, Kusum! Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting blue skies tomorrow after gloomy rainy skies here in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats nice to hear! I hope that happens in Bangalore too :)

      Delete
  6. beautiful picture created by nature...

    excellent capture...

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grey fascinates me sometimes, I like the mystery involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent shot. Great to know that you have been to Alaska. One place that I would love to visit.


    http://www.rajniranjandas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niranjan. Yes! I had been to Alaska though the weather is unfamiliar to us but beauty of that icy landscape is priceless!

      Delete
  9. How dramatic and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful photo! Alaska is a beautiful state. Thanks for sharing, happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grey skies have their own touch of beauty. Nice job!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Joyce! Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful hazy image! Happy sky watching.

    Skywatch

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful image...full of mist-ery:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read your 'about me' page, and I share with you the passion for travelling ...and photography. However, it looks like you are better privileged, you can travel more than I do and I am a bit envious. So I will be dropping in more often here to tag along with you! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, Glad that you share the same dream. You are most welcome to tag along :)

      Delete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.